ABS-like Fast Tough Grey User Guide
View user guide for more resins here: Siraya Tech 3D Printing resin User Guide
Fast Tough is an affordable fast curing, non-brittle with extra impact resistance general application resin ideal for model making like tabletop minis and figurines.
It is not a tough or engineering resin but can be mixed with Blu/Tenacious for more impact resistance.
While the ideal printing condition for Fast Tough is over 20C, we have printed as low as 15C as long as the bottom layers uses more exposure time.
Fast Tough is designed for MSLA printers in mind. It can work in DLP and laser SLA printers but you would need FEP film based vat.
2. Shelf life
The shelf life of the resin is 2 years.
Even if it can be stored for such a long time, we still recommend that you use it in half a year.
UV Resin is a liquid sensitive to temperature, light, and time. Long-term storage will cause the components and pigment of the resin to precipitate and separate.
- Use a painter brush (or any brush made with hair) remove excess resins on the printed part with Use 95% concentrated Ethanol (preferred) or IPA to clean. Some form of methnol should work but make sure it does not contain acetone.
- After 4 minutes of cleaning action, remove alcohol with a hair dryer or air blower. For complex part with lots cavities, it may be a good idea to clean/dry multiple times.
- Users can check by touching the dryed surface of the part to see if it is still sticky. If the dryed surface is still sticky, rewash some more and dry again.
4. Post Curing
- Fast Tough reaches its optimal strength when the printed part is post-cured with UV after cleaning. Use 395-405nm UV light and cure for about 1-2 minutes.
- Make sure the resin is completely cleaned off and there is no alcohol left (it needs to be dry) on the print before curing.
- It is important to dry the print made by Fast Tough completely before post-curing. There is no need to use the submerge-in-water technique with Fast Tough.
5. Recommend best support settings
We recommend medium preset support setting in chitubox for smaller prints. Heavy support for large prints on large priners.
If you don't use chitubox, at least download a copy and see the detail settings for each preset and copy them over to your software of choice.
6. Exposure time for Fast Tough Grey
Please download profiles base for Elegoo, Anycubic, Phrozen, Peopoly, EPAX, Creality 3D printers here: Download print setting file here.
If you don't fine profiles above, try these Print Setting Recommendation
|Printer||LD-002H||LD-002R||Halot One||Halot Sky|
|Layer height (mm)||0.05||0.05||0.05||0.05|
|Bottom layer count||5||5||5||5|
|Exposure time (s)||2.25||8||2.5||2.5|
|Bottom exposure time (s)||33||50||35||35|
|Waiting Mode During Printing||Rest||Rest||Rest||Rest|
|Bottom light off delay (s)||0||0||0||0|
|Rest Time Before Lift (s)||0||0||0||0|
|Rest Time After Lift (s)||0||0||0||0|
|Rest Time After Retract (s)||1||1||1||1|
|Bottom Lift Distance (mm)||5||5||5||5|
|Lift Distance (mm)||5||5||5||5|
|Bottom Retract Distance (mm)||5||5||5||5|
|Retract Distance (mm)||5||5||5||5|
|Bottom Lift Speed (mm/min)||50||50||50||50|
|Lift Speed (mm/min)||60||60||60||60|
|Bottom Retract Speed (mm/min)||150||150||150||150|
|Retract Speed (mm/min)||200||200||200||200|
|Transition Layer Count||5||4||5||5|
|Transition Time Decrement||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
7. More information
TDS: Fast Tough Grey TDS
MSDS: Fast Tough Grey MSDS