Dry prints completely before curing! Use Hairdryer to speed up the process. Do not cure under sun with a wet print!
Build is an affordable, easy to print and, non-brittle enginering resin ideal for prints that require high precision, no warping and tappable
It is an a good balance between hardness, resolution and a bit flexible to make it ideal for projects.
We recommend you print Build over 20 C
The shelf life of the resin is one and a half years.
Even if it can be stored for such a long time, we still recommend that you use it in half a year.
UV Resin is a liquid sensitive to temperature, light, and time. Long-term storage will cause the components and pigment of the resin to precipitate and separate.
2. Before Printing
It is a good practice to stir resin in the vat and expose the bottom of the vat to air before printing. This replenish oxygen in the vat and helps reduce peel force.
3. Print setting
Please download profiles base for Elegoo, Anycubic, Phrozen, Peopoly, EPAX, Creality here: Click here to download profile
Best print with recommended support setting, see below
|Recommended||Resin Temperture 25-35C||Room temperature 20-25C|
|Printer||Layer Height||Exposure (s)||# of Initial Layers||Exposure for Init Layers||Exposure (s)||# of Initial Layers||Exposure for Init Layers|
|Photon||50um||12 (s)||4||60 s||12(s)||6||60 s|
|Peopoly Phenom||50um||13.5s||6||65 s||13.5s||6||65 s|
|EPA X1||50um||9.5 (s)||4||50 s||9.5 (s)||4||50 s|
|EPA X1||100um||12 (s)||4||75 s||12 (s)||6||90 s|
|Shuffle XL||50um||11(s)||5||75 s|
|Phrozen Transform||50um||8(s)||5||60 s|
|Inkspire||50um||11 (s)||6||75 s|
|Mars||50um||9.5 (s)||4||50 s||9.5 (s)||4||50 s|
|SL1||50um||6s||10||40 s||7s||10||45 s|
*Inkspire does not specify its light output, one user told us it is very closely to Photon
Print setting file(import into slicing software to get all settings)
4. Recommend best support settings
We recommend medium preset support setting in chitubox for smaller prints. Heavy support for large prints on large priners.
If you don't use chitubox, at least download a copy and see the detail settings for each preset and copy them over to your software of choice.
- Use a painter brush (or any brush made with hair) remove excess resins on the printed part with Use 95% concentrated Ethanol (preferred) or IPA to clean. Some form of methnol should work but make sure it does not contain acetone.
- After 2-3 minutes of cleaning action, remove alcohol with a hair dryer or air blower. For complex part with lots cavities, it may be a good idea to clean/dry multiple times.
- User can check by touching the dryed surface of the part to see if it is still sticky. If the dryed surface is still sticky, wash some more and dry again.
6. Post Curing
- Build reached its optimal strength when the printed part is post-cured with UV after cleaned. Use 395-405nm UV light and cure for about 1-2 minutes.
- Make sure resin is completely cleaned off and there is not alcohol left (it needs to be dry) on the print before curing.
- It is important to dry the print made by Build completely before post curing. There is no need to use the "submerge in water" technique.
7. Mechanical Properties
Shore Hardness (D) 73D
Tensile Stress at Break (MPa) 33
IZOD Impact (Notched, J/m) 27
HDT at 0.455 MPa (°C) 68
Elongation at Break (%) 8
Young's Modulus (MPa) 850