1. Shake the bottle and mix the resin in the vat before starting printing!
Simple is an affordable easy to print and clean for general application resin ideal for model making like tabletop minis, and figurines.
It can be cleaned with 15% alcohol and is ideal for large format printer and new resin printer users
Simple Resin is very easily dissolved by water and thus do not leave the print in alcohol or water for more than 20s.
Actively quickly wash the print and dry quickly with a hairdryer if needed. Don't slow dry and use sun to cure at the same time
While the ideal printing condition for Simple is over 20C, we have printed as long as 15C as long as the bottom layers uses more exposure time.
The shelf life of the resin is one and a half years.
Even if it can be stored for such a long time, we still recommend that you use it in half a year.
UV Resin is a liquid sensitive to temperature, light, and time. Long-term storage will cause the components and pigment of the resin to precipitate and separate.
2. Before Printing
It is a good practice to stir resin in the vatand expose the bottom of the vat to air before printing. This replenishes oxygen in the vat and helps reduce peel force.
Please download profiles base for Elegoo, Anycubic, Phrozen, Peopoly, EPAX, Creality here: Click here to download
Best print with recommended support setting, see below
3. Recommend best support settings:
- We recommend medium preset support setting in chitubox for smaller prints. Heavy support for large prints on large priners
- If you don't use chitubox, at least download a copy and see the detail settings for each preset and copy them over to your software of choice
- Simple is best cleaned with 15% alcohol (1 part 90% alcohol + 5 part water). It could be clean with higher alcohol alcohol but is not needed to acheive great cleaning.
- Simple Resin is very easily dissolved by water and thus do not leave the print in alcohol or water for more than 30s.
- Actively quickly wash the print and dry quickly with a hairdryer if needed. Don't slow dry and use sun to cure at the same time
- Use a painter brush (or any brush made with hair) remove excess resins on the printed part with Use 15% concentrated Ethanol (preferred) or IPA to clean. Some form of methnol should work but make sure it does not contain acetone.
- Do not submerge the parts in alcohol for more than 30 seconds. Clean about 4-6 times, a total of about 2-3 minutes of cleaning action, and then remove alcohol with a hair dryer or air blower.
- For complex part with lots cavities, it may be a good idea to clean/dry multiple times.
- User can check by touching the dryed surface of the part to see if it is still sticky. If the dryed surface is still sticky, wash some more and dry again.
When using ultrasonic + non-solvent based cleaning agent, be careful not to leave the print in too long. It should be no longer than 3 minutes and must dry completelly before post curing or the residual water may lead to cracks.
5. Post Curing:
- Quickly drying print is essential for Simple resin. Do not leave it in the sun to dry. Use a hairdryer.
- Simple reached its optimal strength when the printed part is post-cured with UV after cleaned. Use 395-405nm UV light and cure for about 1-2 minutes.
- Make sure resin is completely cleaned off and there is not alcohol left (it needs to be dry) on the print before curing.
- It is important to dry the print made by Simple completely before post curing. There is no need to use submerge in water technique with Simple. Failure to dry before curing may lead to cracks
6. Mechanical Properties
Shore Hardness (D) 75D
Tensile Stress at Break (MPa) 25
IZOD Impact (Notched, J/m) 18
HDT at 0.455 MPa (°C) 60
Elongation at Break (%) 4
Young's Modulus (MPa) 650
Viscosity: 110 cps