User Guide for Tough resin - Blu Easy Grey
For other resin user guides, please visit Siraya Tech support section
Blu Easy is an affordable fast curing tough resin that has great impact resistance yet still easy to print. It is ideal for model making like tabletop minis, and figurines as well as engineering parts.
While the ideal printing condition for Blu Easy is over 20C, we have printed as low as 15C as long as the bottom layers uses more exposure time.
Blu Easy is designed for MSLA printer in mind. It can work in DLP and laser SLA printer but you would need FEP film based vat
- Use a painter brush (or any brush made with hair) remove excess resins on the printed part with Use 95% concentrated Ethanol (preferred) or IPA to clean. Some form of methnol should work but make sure it does not contain acetone.
- After 4 minutes of cleaning action, remove alcohol with a hair dryer or air blower. For complex part with lots cavities, it may be a good idea to clean/dry multiple times.
- User can check by touching the dryed surface of the part to see if it is still sticky. If the dryed surface is still sticky, wash some more and dry again.
3. Post Curing
- Blu Easy reaches its optimal strength when the printed part is post-cured with UV after cleaned. Use 395-405nm UV light and cure for about 1-2 minutes.
- Make sure resin is completely cleaned off and there is no alcohol left (it needs to be dry) on the print before curing.
- It is important to dry the print made by Blu Easy completely before post curing. There is no need to use submerge in water technique with Blu Easy.
4. Recommend best support settings
We recommend medium preset support setting in chitubox for smaller prints. Heavy support for large prints on large priners
If you don't use chitubox, at least download a copy and see the detail settings for each preset and copy them over to your software of choice.
5. Printing settings
Download print setiing here: Print setting file download
If you don't fine profiles above, try these Print Setting Recommendation
|Printer||LD-002H||LD-002R||Halot One||Halot Sky|
|Layer height (mm)||0.05||0.05||0.05||0.05|
|Bottom layer count||5||5||5||5|
|Exposure time (s)||2.25||8||2.5||2.5|
|Bottom exposure time (s)||33||50||35||35|
|Waiting Mode During Printing||Rest||Rest||Rest||Rest|
|Bottom light off delay (s)||0||0||0||0|
|Rest Time Before Lift (s)||0||0||0||0|
|Rest Time After Lift (s)||0||0||0||0|
|Rest Time After Retract (s)||1||1||1||1|
|Bottom Lift Distance (mm)||5||5||5||5|
|Lift Distance (mm)||5||5||5||5|
|Bottom Retract Distance (mm)||5||5||5||5|
|Retract Distance (mm)||5||5||5||5|
|Bottom Lift Speed (mm/min)||50||50||50||50|
|Lift Speed (mm/min)||60||60||60||60|
|Bottom Retract Speed (mm/min)||150||150||150||150|
|Retract Speed (mm/min)||200||200||200||200|
|Transition Layer Count||5||4||5||5|
|Transition Time Decrement||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|