Siraya Tech Silicone Defiant15/25 User Guide
Please note before using silicone:
Parts are post-cured by immersion in water for 30 minutes, which eliminates the need for a coating to prevent cure inhibition.
Please refer to Defiant 25 user guide
Please refer to Defiant 15 user guide
It works best with Fast / Build resin. A key difference is you want to post-curing the part submerged for 30 minutes such that you don't need coating to prevent curing inhibition.
Check out Silicone Defiant 25 using video from Robert Tolone
Defiant 15/25 user guide
1. Resin selection and post-processing (critical for Silicone working with 3D UV resin prints)
Defiant 25 is a popular choice for those working with 3D printing UV resin. For optimal results, we recommend using our Fast, Build, Blu, Easy and Sculpt resins, as no coating is needed. Using those resins with Defiant 25 silicone, we recommend the following steps:
- Step 1, Clean your print with 90%+ IPA or Ethanol: Remove uncured resin by hand or using an ultrasonic bath (5 minutes). A hair-based brush is helpful for thicker resins. Consider using two baths: one dirty and one clean. The goal is to remove all uncured resins.
- Step 2, Dry your print completely: A hairdryer works well for this step.
- Step 3, Submerge your print in water: Find a clean bucket, fill it with water, and fully submerge your print.
- Step 4, Cure your submerged print. This is a critical step for ensuring Defiant works with the resin print.
- Step 5, Dry your print once more: Use a low heat oven set to 45C for 10 minutes.
- Step 6, Your print is now ready for use with Defiant 15 silicone!
Notes for postcuring:
- For most models without deep features: Cure your print for 30 minutes while it's submerged in water. Do not use sunlight to cure, use a UV curing light fixture instead.
- For models with deep recesses or areas where water might be trapped inside: You can repeat the above step by replacing the water and then submerging the part again to cure for an additional 30 minutes.
- Models with deep features and many openings may require more time to prepare the print with this water curing method.
2. How to use Defiant 15/25
- 1-Prepare two clean containers: Glass is preferred, as it won't inhibit platinum silicone curing.
- 2-Mix Part A in its bottle: Ensure consistency by stirring with a mixing stick.
- 3-Mix Part B in its bottle: Follow the same process as for Part A.
- 4-Weigh your empty container: Use a scale and the tare function to set it to zero.
- 5-Pour desired amounts of Parts A and B: For example, if you need 500g of silicone, pour 250g of each part into the container. Your scale should show 500g.
- 6-Mix Parts A and B thoroughly: Scrape the container walls and bottom.
- 7-Consider degassing: Although Defiant 15 releases bubbles quickly, degassing is recommended for best results, especially in a colder (<20C) environment.
- 8-Pour or brush to make a mold: Your silicone is ready for use!